The long-term resident EU residence permit is a residence permit which is meant for non-EU citizens who have had a residence permit for 5 unbroken years. With a residence permit long-term resident EU, the foreign national can live for an indefinite period in the Netherlands.
There are, however a few conditions which the applicant for a residence permit long-term resident EU has to fulfil;
- You don’t have the nationality of an EU member state or Switzerland;
- You have to have a permanent residence permit or a temporary residence permit with a non-temporary purpose/goal. This means that the residence permit has to be extendable after a certain period;
- You have lived or still live in the Netherlands for at least 5 unbroken years with a valid residence permit;
- You are still fulfilling and you have always fulfilled the conditions of your current residence permit;
- You have independent, sustainable and sufficient income. You can include the income of your family member which whom you are living with as well;
- You have finished your civil integration process in the Netherlands.
Given our experience at the IND, INLS would be happy to manage your application procedure long-term resident EU.
Please refer to the FAQ list below for more information about the long-term resident EU procedure.
Our service guarantee
Frequently asked questions
The residence permit long-term resident EU is valid for an indefinite period. The document itself is valid for 5 years, which means that you’ll have to renew your document every 5 years.
The years that you have had a residence permit for the purpose of study do count for 50%.
The IND fees for the long-term resident EU application procedure are €192,- If you have the Turkish nationality, the IND fees are – based on the Turkish Association Treaty – €64,-
A child under 18 years old pays €64,- for the long-term resident EU application. A child under 18 years old who has the Turkish nationality pays €33,- for the long-term EU resident application.
The IND has a legal term of 6 months to issue a decision on the long-term resident EU application procedure.
With a residence permit long-term resident EU, you are free to enter the labour market in the Netherlands. In other words, you can work in the Netherlands without a TWV.