Are you the partner of a Dutch residence permit holder and do you wish to stay with him/her in the Netherlands? Then the partner of a Dutch residence permit holder/ family reunification application procedure applies to your situation.
If you are a Dutch residence permit holder and you wish to get your partner to the Netherlands, then you’ll have to meet certain criteria;
- You have to have independent income;
- The income has to be sustainable;
- The income has to be
Given our experience at the IND, INLS would be happy to manage your partner of a Dutch residence permit holder visa application procedure.
Please refer to the FAQ list below for more information about the partner of a Dutch residence permit holder application procedure.
Our service guarantee
Frequently asked questions
Your partner who is residing in the country of origin needs an mvv, except for citizens of the United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea. The MVV procedure is indeed included within the partner of a Dutch residence permit holder procedure.
The family reunification residence permit will be issued for as long as the residence permit of the Dutch residence permit holder is valid, with a maximum of 5 years.
The IND has a legal term of 3 months to issue a decision in the partner or a Dutch residence permit holder application procedure.
This depends on the type of residence permit your partner who has a residence permit has. In most cases, you’ll be allowed to work freely without a TWV/ work permit.
- The income is independent when you earn the income by yourself;
- The income is sustainable when you have paid employment for at least 12 months. If your labour contract is valid for less than 12 months, then your income will be considered sustainable if you earn the minimum wage for the last 12 months prior to the partner of a Dutch residence permit application procedure. Is your contract for less than 6 months valid? Then the IND will take a look at your income over the last 3 years.
- The income will be considered sufficient if your income is equal to the minimum wage.
This depends on the type of residence permit the Dutch residence permit holder has. If the residence permit is related to work, then the partner doesn’t have to undergo the basic civil integration exam.
The IND fees for the partner of a Dutch residence permit holder application are €192,- Turkish citizens pay €69,- and citizens from Israel and San Marino are exempted from paying the IND fees.