The permanent residence permit application procedure is meant for holders of a residence permit who are holding a valid residence permit for 5 unbroken years. This means that you’ll be eligible for a permanent residence permit.
The difference between the Long-term resident EU permit and the regular permanent residence permit is that the long-term resident EU permit allows the long-term EU residents to apply for a resident permit in other EU member states.
In order to be eligible for a permanent residence permit, the applicant has to meet certain criteria;
- You’ve already had a valid residence permit for 5 consecutive years. The years start counting from the age of 8;
- You’ve always fulfilled the conditions of your residence permit(s);
- The purpose of your residence permit was a non-contemporary one;
- You are registered within the BRP;
- You have independent, sufficient and sustainable income;
- You are successfully integrated and you have a civil integration diploma/certificate.
Given our experience at the IND, INLS would be happy to manage your application procedure for a permanent residence permit.
Please refer to the FAQ list below for more information about the application procedure for a permanent residence permit.
Frequently asked questions
Answer: You must earn the required amount. The required amount is equal to 70% of the minimum wage.
The IND fees for the permanent residence permit application procedure are €210,- If you have the Turkish nationality, the IND fees are – based on the Turkish Association Treaty – €70,-
A child under 18 years old pays €70,- for the permanent residence permit application procedure. A child under 18 years old, who has the Turkish nationality pays €38,- for the permanent residence permit application procedure.
The IND has a legal term of 6 months to issue a decision on the permanent residence permit application procedure.
With a permanent residence permit you are free to enter the labour market in the Netherlands. In other words, you can work in the Netherlands without a TWV.